The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
- NSPCC: 0800 80 20 20
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Parish Safeguarding Officer: The Revd Dominic Mughal Tel: 0113 4140839
Other information is available in church
For further information please visit the Diocesan Website (note: clicking on this link takes you to the relevant part of the Diocesan website)
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team may be contacted on
0113 353 0257
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the Police on 101